If you've clicked the link, it must be because you want to know more about having a relationship with Jesus Christ, and living in Eternity with Him after this life. The information below is intended to help you by providing a simple and succinct explanation that would guide you as to how to begin that relationship.
The Bible states "If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved." Romans 10:9-10 NLT
The Gospel or Good News of Jesus Christ
God is holy and cannot coexist with sin. Man sinned through disobedience and that sin caused a separation between God and man. Jesus is the ONLY way to restore that relationship. He restored the relationship by paying the ultimate penalty - death on the Cross. He was laid in a grave; yet rose on the 3rd day with all power given to Him by God. He shared His resurrection power with the Church for the advancement of His Kingdom and will soon return for the Church.
You may be asking why should I want this relationship with Christ. Here are a few simple reasons:
- You are a sinner and you cannot not save yourself from the penalty of sin which is death or separation from God.
- Being a sinner, there is no direct way to access God eccept through the death of the only righteousness person, Jesus Christ.
- Jesus died in your place as the perfect sacrifice, providing you with direct access to God only if you believe and declare your faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ (see above).
- Upon your confession of faith, God will forgive your sins, put His Holy Spirit in you and make you His child forever.
- As a demonstration of your love for Him, you will live a life that pleases Him (God) and reflects the teachings of the Holy Scriptures.