The Bible is the Word of God; it will remain the Word of God no matter what arguments people raise about it. It has been tested over and over and proven to be the Word of the Eternal God. Its prophecies have been fulfilled on schedule; its promises have been honored when claimed in faith. The two favorite arguments people raise against it are: 1, the Bible was written by men, and that 2, it is self contradictory.
Jesus said, “If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own” (John 7:17 NIV). If you are one of those who have issues with the authenticity of the Bible, let me encourage you to try it. If believing in what the Bible says does nothing for you, you can change your mind; you have nothing to lose. But if not believing has consequences, which it does, you have everything to lose. Also be aware that your unbelief will not excuse you from the penalty of unbelief. “Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s One and only Son” (John 3:18 NIV).
Mode of delivery
• “The gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ” (Galatians 1:11-12 NIV).
• “All Scripture is God-breathed” (2 Timothy 3:16 NIV).
• The apostle Paul introducing himself and his message said, “Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead” (Galatians 1:1 NIV).
• “All your righteous laws are eternal” (Psalm 119:160 NIV).
• “Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens” (Psalm 119:89 NIV).
"All your commands are true. Long ago I learned from your statutes that you established them to last forever” (Psalm 119:151-152 NIV).
Tested and Proven
• “All your words are true” (Psalm 119:160 NIV).
• “I rejoice in following your statues as one rejoices in great riches” (Psalm119:14 NIV).
• “If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget
your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life” (Psalm 119:92-93 NIV).
• “Your commands make me wiser than my enemies” (Psalm 119:98 NIV).
• “The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple” (Psalm 119:130 NIV).
• All Christians can attest to the validity of the Bible, because they each have experienced the
transformation that can only come through faith in the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Check with any Christian you know for confirmation, and if you don’t know any Christian, experiment
it yourself, and you will come to the same conclusion that the Bible is the Word of God.
• “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him” (Psalm 34:8 NIV).
• The Word of God is indestructible; the apostle Paul knew this first hand—“For you have heard
of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the Church of God and
tried to destroy it” (Galatians 1:13 NIV). Needless to say he became a messenger of the Word of God, and centuries later, the Church is still alive. Amen!
• In the book of the Acts, we have accounts of the Jewish Council (The highest court in the Jewish nation in New Testament times) trying to hush the apostles, but failed. On one such occasion, the apostles had been jailed for preaching the Word of God, but were set free by an angel to go back out and preach (see Acts 5:17-20). When recaptured, the Council said to apostles, “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name, yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood” (Acts 5:28 NIV).
The Bible is really the Word of God; trying to destroy it or speak ill of it is just a waste of time and energy. Disbelieving it is like digging one’s own grave, because eternal life comes only through faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God; ‘eternal death’ (hell) is the end-result of unbelief.