God, the Creator of the universe, has the power and the
right to make us do things His way. He could have made
us robot-like, but He didn’t. He wants us to obey him out
of respect, love, faith, admiration, and reverence. For
that reason, He has given us the ability and the freedom
to make choices. In order to prove that He really wants
us to have the freedom to choose, He respects and
honors the choices we make. We just need to know that
the choices we make do have ramifications.
As humans, one of the many decisions we are
confronted with, also happens to be the most important
we’ll ever make; a decision that has eternal implications.
That decision is choosing where we are going to spend
eternity, which is after this physical life is over. It could
be only one of two places, heaven or hell.
Well, with that freedom, the ball is in each individual’s
court; we each have the last word concerning our
destiny! What is it going to be for you, heaven or hell?
Your decision will determine how you should live in
preparation for that destiny.
If you’d like to spend eternity in heaven (highly
recommended), here is what you need to understand:
- You are a sinner, deserving God’s judgment (see Romans 6:23), but God so loved you that He gave His only begotten Son as a substitute for you. He died in your place (see John 3:16).
Here is what you need to do:
• Admit to God that you are a sinner, “There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins” (Ecclesiastes 7:20 NIV).
• Ask for his forgiveness and place your faith in Him, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be
saved” (Acts 16:31 NIV).
• Ask Him to be your Lord and Master.
Here’s what He will do:
• He will forgive your sins, and never bring them
up again, “As far as the east is from the west, so
far has He removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12 NIV).
• He will write your name in the book of life.
• He will guide and direct your life by the
• At the end, He will welcome you into heaven (see John 14:2-3) to worship Him forever and to enjoy all the blessings of heaven.
On the other hand, if you’d rather spend eternity in hell
(bad idea); here is what you need to understand:
• Hell is a terrible place, hot, and uncomfortable.
• The torment never ends.
• There is no opportunity to change one’s mind.
Once you arrive in hell; you will always be in hell.
Here’s what you need to do:
• Do nothing about your sinful way of life.
• Ignore God’s love and call to believe in Him.
Here is what He will do:
• Plead with you as long as there is time.
• Honor you wishes when your time runs out.
• Send you to hell as you desired and requested.
Friend, don’t be stubborn; although you have the right
to choose whatever you want, God is pleading with you
to choose life. He is not going to plead with you much
longer. This is your day of salvation, “Today, if you hear
His voice, do not harden your hearts” (Psalm 95:7-8; Hebrews 3:7-8, 4:7 NIV). Believe in Him today!